Cloud computing service providers today are able to offer an increasingly sophisticated and scalable infrastructure to satisfy client needs. This flexibility is not a nice to have service feature but an absolute business essential to stay ahead of competitors.
KEMP has a special licensing program for MSP/IPS's The KEMP SPLA Program, which creates a strong relationship with service providers to bring your customers the best value for the least cost while enabling rapid provisioning of applications. Our aggressive pricing structure and flexible licensing is designed to minimize risk and maximize the value we bring to a MSP/ISP.
Lateral scaling is the key design requirement for cloud computing operators. What this means is that rather than building a vertically more powerful application server with more RAM, larger CPU and greater I/O capacity, the smarter move is to deploy smaller clusters of servers and virtualize the applications that run on them, while at the same time employing high availability load balancers to manage the traffic flow between the servers. This provides almost imperceptible failover to the End User.
Whereas previously cloud computing providers would need to use hardware Load Balancer appliances now thanks to KEMP Technologies Virtual LoadMaster, this function can be virtualized operating with either Hyper-V, VMware and XenProject Xen. The benefits of Virtual LoadMaster for cloud computing operators are:
- The Virtual LoadMaster can be installed on any server considered suitable and can be moved to a more powerful or less powerful machine as the business needs dictate (e.g. Servicing seasonal demand).
- Allows for a 'Green' datacenter by allowing the MSP to turn servers Off or On to suit demand.
- Increases risk protection by being available in a redundant high availability configuration.
- Is exactly aligned to the lateral expansion design model that is most suitable for cloud computing environments.
- Does not require dedicated additional hardware in order to provide the full functionality offered by hardware load balancers.
Our SPLA Program seeks to create a relationship with service providers to bring your customers the best value for the least cost. Our aggressive pricing structure and flexible licensing is designed to minimize risk and maximize the value we bring to a hosting provider.
- Extremely Low monthly license fees
- Billed in 1-month increments
- No start-up or set-up fees
- No minimum monthly commitments*
- Priority technical support included
* Availability subject to prior approval by KEMP. Other restriction and limitation may apply. Minimum quarterly and/or annual volume commitments may be required. Pricing based on non-shared usage of VLM.
- SaaS delivery and billing model closely parallels hosting providers' offerings, resulting in zero-risk financial exposure due to early service terminations.
- No hardware to procure, provision and maintain - allowing for near real-time provisioning (and de-provisioning) of dedicated, high-value load balancing services; leading to unparalleled ROI.
- "Virtual Appliance" model reduces or eliminates costs associated with power consumption, cooling, rack-space and other environmental dependencies of hardware appliances.
- Easy to use Web-based UI and support for SSH allows for fast configurations and simplified "device" management, significantly increasing "managed services" ROI and reducing end-user support requirements.
- Pricing structure, combined with SaaS delivery model provides for aggressive marketing and business development opportunities in high-value services while achieving a high degree of differentiation.
Benefits of Virtual Load Balancing
KEMP Technologies has announced the launch of its Virtual LoadMaster (VLM). This new virtual-appliance application delivery controller (ADC) will be sold under a Service Provider Licensing Agreement (SPLA) with extremely low monthly license costs and with no startup or setup fees. The SPLA pricing model enables managed hosting providers (MHPs) and managed service providers (MSPs) to offer a dedicated server load balancer with the same functionality as KEMP's hardware appliances at a price point affordable to a much broader range of business customers while significantly reducing operating costs.
The "Virtual Appliance" model reduces or eliminates costs associated with power consumption, cooling, rack-space and other environmental dependencies of hardware appliances. All of these factors allow you to provide your users with additional value for minimal additional cost
Our pricing structure, combined with the SaaS delivery model provides for aggressive marketing and business development opportunities in high-value services while achieving a high degree of differentiation