In last month’s newsletter, KEMP posed this simple question to our audience:
“How do you plan to stay balanced in 2015?”
We wanted to know what actions people were planning to take in both their work and personal lives to achieve more balance in the new year.
On the personal side, spending more time with family was a popular response, as was eating healthier food and committing to exercise. Work-wise, people are looking to embrace new technologies that can increase overall efficiency and help them perform better at their jobs.
Everyone who responded to our “Staying Balanced” promotion was entered into a drawing for a $500 American Express Gift Card.
Congratulations goes out to our winner – Jay Williams, Director of IT at The Minitowoc Company, who plans to stay balanced with “mud runs, beer, and getting new load balancers to replace CISCO ACEs.”
Here is a sampling of the responses:
- Improve my health by reducing junk food & exercising at least 3 to 4 days a week.
- Embrace the cloud and automation.
- Spend more time focusing on my four children.
- Sleep tight, read, and use my KEMP load balancer for web apps.
- Eat a more balanced diet. You know that good old food pyramid we all learned about in health class? That.
- Reduce stress by becoming more productive & organized with to do lists, etc.
- Take a vacation and spend time with my family.
- Move our web login over to our VLM and shut down our TMG server for good.
Thanks to all who participated. Here’s to “staying balanced” in 2015.