There are two kinds of load balancers in use in corporate networks:
- Network Server Load Balancers - optimizing performance of servers delivering important content to employees, external workers/contractors or the public
- Line Load Balancers - aggregating XDSL WAN connections
Today, load balancers perform two critical tasks and either hardware appliances or virtual load balancers loaded on an optimized platform.
Primary tasks of the load balancer are:
- Delivering requests to the best network servers as quickly and efficiently as possible, based on the chosen method of distributing network/internet traffic
- Continually checking the performance of the network servers and make decisions which server is performing in the best way to serve the users demands
Why use Kemp load balancers?
Kemp LoadMaster is the leading load balancer available on the market today. Affordable load balancers available as both virtual load balancers and hardware load balancers.
Kemp LoadMaster supports the most popular virtual OSs including:
Kemp LoadMaster is certified by leading vendors including:
Kemp provides load balancing solutions for:
- Corporate email
- Unified Communications
- Collaborative work tools
- ERP/CRM and other workflow applications
- Web content
- e-commerce systems
- Self-provisioning applications
What load balancer algorithms can I use?
|Weighted Round Robin|
|Weighted Least Connection|
|Agent Based Adaptive Load Balancing|
|Chained Failover (Fixed Weighted)|
|Weighted Response Time|
|Source IP Hash|
|Software Defined Networking (SDN) Adaptive|